Equal Opportunities Policy
Industrial Contracting Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the basis of gender, race, disability, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexuality, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age. All employees will be given equality of opportunity within the company and will be encouraged to progress within the organisation.
To ensure that no direct or indirect discrimination or victimisation is occurring, recruitment and other employment decisions will be regularly monitored in conjunction with ethnicity, gender, disability records of job applicants and existing employees. The company is committed to a programme of action to make this policy fully effective.
The business will put this policy into practice by:
- Ensuring the recruitment, selection, training, promotion, discipline and dismissal of staff is on the basis of merit and ability of the employee.
- Ensuring that no employee is subject to victimisation, discrimination and harassment and making it clear that these are disciplinary offences.
- Endeavouring to ensure the workplace is accessible and managed to suit the needs of all staff, employees and sub-contractors, as far as is reasonably possible.
- Ensuring that all employees know and understand the policy.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of this policy and associated arrangements on an annual basis under the direct supervision of the Managing Director
Copies of full policies can be requested if required