This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Industrial Contracting Services Limited is a “data controller” in respect of your personal information for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
Industrial Contracting Services Limited (“we”/”us”/”our”) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information that you share with us.
This document describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
What information do we collect?
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms you complete and from records of our correspondence and phone calls.
We will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services that you have requested from us. We will not sell or broker your data to third parties, but on some occasions, it is necessary for us to work closely with selected sub-contractors and suppliers who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. Some of this information does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services/products and make them more useful to you. The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- company name;
- telephone number(s);
- e-mail address;
- site/delivery address;
- products/services ordered;
- any information within correspondence you send to us and
- details of any transactions between you and us;
How we use your information
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. We will only collect and use your personal information where:
- there is a legal obligation for us to do so;
- it is in our legitimate business interests; or
- you have given us your consent to do so.
We may use or process your personal information for the following reasons:
- to provide quotations;
- make contact by telephone, email or in writing in relation to your enquiry and to provide you with the product/services that you have requested from us;
- to process your order;
- to process transactions and
- for the purposes of internal record keeping.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to clients and to fulfill and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us;
- to analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services;
- to verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- for network security purposes – in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights and
- to inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
In dealing with us in any way for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, you are consenting to Industrial Contracting Services Limited to deal with your personal data in line with this policy. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org by calling 01332 820268 or writing to: The Managing Director, Industrial Contracting Services Limited, Autumn Grove, Chaddesden, Derby, DE21 3PX
We may on occasions pass your personal information to third parties to process work on our behalf. We require these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. The types of organisations we may need to share some of your personal information with are:
- Legal or professional advisers
- Government agencies
We do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with the company without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our clients and/or the wider community.
We will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data no longer required for legitimate business purposes will be deleted.
Data and administration services are carried out and stored in the UK.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst we are in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
In the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- identity and the contact details of the person or organisation Industrial Contracting Services Limited that has determined how and why to process your data;
- the purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing;
- if the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Industrial Contracting Services Limited or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests;
- the categories of personal data collected, stored and processed;
- recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to;
- how long the data will be stored;
- details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing;
- information about your right to withdraw consent at any time;
- how to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator);
- whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data and
- the source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access, you must provide identification:
Industrial Contracting Services Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
1) Proof of Identity. We need one of the following: passport, photo driving license, national identity card or birth certificate.
2) Proof of Address. We need one of the following: utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement (no more than 3 months old); current driving license or local authority council tax bill.
If Industrial Contracting Services Limited is dissatisfied with the quality of identification, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com or in writing to The Managing Director, Industrial Contracting Services Limited, Autumn Grove, Chaddesden, Derby, DE21 2PX.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Industrial Contracting Services Limited or its partners, you have the right to complain to Industrial Contracting Services Limited’s, Managing Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details of this contact are stated below:
Industrial Contracting Services, the attention of The Managing Director
Autumn Grove, Chaddesden, Derby, DE21 3PX