Project: Pentrich Village Hall
Pentrich village hall was built in 1818 as the village school.
It was originally built with a folding timber screen between the two school rooms. Over the years the screen had been screwed up and painted with countless coats of paint.
The village hall committee were keen to make the screen operational again to increase the flexibility of use of the hall.
ICS removed the screen, striped off 180 years of paint, repaired the doors, re waxed them back to their original finish and refitted them on a new track system.
The committee and users of the hall are delighted with the traditional appearance of the restored screen, its ability to improve the flexibility of use of the hall and the fact that the screen can be folded back by one person in seconds.